In general Tobi Deeson's work is concerned with the consequences of other
peoples’ actions. Our fragility is our strength, our acceptance of our history vital.
she replays situations from her childhood or from those of childhood victims and
attempt to explore, or just dwell, on their emotions, then and now. She wants to
communicate the consequences that childhood experiences have on our adult
lives, to expose the scars and mourn the losses.
1ST CLASS(HONS)DEGREE in Fine Art, University of Hertfordshire, graduated 1996.
1997-2001 Prior to working as a fine artist I ran a small commercial art business.
• 1,000,000 mph, London. Solo Show.
• SPACE Open. SPACE Gallery.London. Group Show. Selected by Sacha Craddock and Bea de Souza
• Royal British Society of Sculptors, London. Bursary group exhibition.
• RBS Gallery Event, sculpture slam – artist talks which coincided with the exhibition.
• Contemporary Textile Exhibition. OBG Gallery, Belfast. Group Show.
• Attack on Precinct Deborah. Deborah House, London. Self curated and organized with Darren Jones
and Jo Wilmot. Group Show.
• Goth Moth. Transition Gallery,London. Group Show.
• Hampstead School gallery, London. An exhibition of work made in response to residency.
• Liar,Liar. Ravenscroft Space. London. Group show.
• The Florence Trust, London. Group show.
• Not Hiding anymore. Rochester Art gallery, Rochester. Solo show.
• Art on Paper. Royal College of Art, London.
• Art on paper. Royal College of Art, London.
• Visionary. Pennybank Showcase, London. Group show.
• Liberty’s, London. Group show.
Board of Director
Transition Gallery, London, 2005 by invitation.
RBS Bursary Award, 2005
Shortlisted for OBG Gallery Award,2004
The Florence Trust,2002
Live wire Award,1999
The Princes Trust,1997
Most Promising Student,BA,1996
Circa art Magazine(Spring 2005), Evening Standard, Metrolife(18.11.04), Flavorpill (16.11.04), The Critical
Friend (Winter 2005/6)
click on image for larger view